ASGAA received a Letter No F. No5-1/2013-SU dated 15/12/2015 from MoEFCC (GOI) asked to prepare a Comments Letter to finalise a comprehensive Agarwood draft policy for sustainable utilization of Agarwood. ASGAA prepared and sent a 8 (Eight) pages Comments letter and forwarded to the Govt. of India, Ministry of Environment & Forest and Climate Change, New Delh.
- A tree survey/census
- Formation of nurseries in every Block
- Nursery and plantation awareness programmes and training courses
- Training in artificial inoculation especially in areas where the natural infection process is slow.
- Testing, cutting and processing of agarwood trees.
- Demonstration cum production centres in each District
- Training in chip cutting and oil extraction
- Declaration of Agarwood as social forestry which does not require any transit permit from Forest Department
- Government’s declaration that Assam’s agarwood is not covered under CITES ban since it is grown on private land. CITES ban applies only for forest produce.
- Declaration of procedure for issue of Certificate of Origin
- Grants to grower’s societies / groups for nurseries, awareness and training and setting up of production and demonstration units
- Formation of Agarwood Board
- Research centre for Agarwood especially in artificial inoculation, standardisation, religious, food, fragrance, cosmetic and medicinal usage, packaging and marketing
- Standardisation and specification monitoring
- Steps to prevent theft of Agarwood trees from private lands
- Subsidy and incentive programme both by State Governments and Central government.
- Extension programme by Central Government after identification of areas where Agarwood can be grown in other parts of the country.
Why Choose us?
Assam is the capital of Agarwood cultivation including its north eastern parts of India which is popularly known as HINDU OIL and HINDU AGARWOOD CHIPS in International Market bproduced by our Agarwood locally known as Sanchi Farmers. Land and Climatic condition of this part is very much suitable and always in high demand due to its unique character of NATURALLY INFECTED AGARWOOD ZONE.
- Experience : Our farmers have long time experience about Nursery and plantation and able to produce the No.1 quality of chips and oil in international market.
- Quality : Quality of our agarwood product is organic in nature and Assam and north eastern range is sitting on naturally infected agarwood zone.
- Certified : Unsustainable logging and trafficking of Agarwood from the natural forest have forced the Govt.to bring international trade within sustainable limits. Therefore Aqualaria Malaccensis and Aqularia Agallacha are listed under Critically Endangered Species in India under the Conservation on international trade in endangered Species (CITES 2009). And almost extinct in wild forest in Assam.
- Self sufficient : Our agarwood farmers always keep in mind to plant and harvest in a sustainable manner so that we can contribute to save our healty eco-biodiversity in the region. Our slogan is GROW AGAR, SAVE AGAR, TRADE AGAR, ECO-FRIENDLY MANNER.